Find out if it is hormone related
What is Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)?
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) can show whether your body is having overtraining syndrome. This hormone will bind steroid hormone for transport in the blood stream. When SHBG increase and decrease sex steroid levels this can show overtraining syndrome.
Who is suitable for this test?
People who are looking to start a finess program, interested in losing weight, and monitoring fitness or weight loss goals.
HK BioTek Technology Competence
• Sample will be sent to ZRT Laboratory in the United States for analysis, which is the only specialty hormone laboratory to have qualified for the CDC's Hormone Standardization Program (HoSt).
• All hormone test are analyzed with reference ranges for individual patient ages, menstrual status, and hormone supplementation
• ZRT is the only laboratory to perform an extraction process for saliva testing, which separates hormones from background contamination. This ensures accurate test results for low-concentration hormones.
Blood testing by finger-prick are used for a comprehensive assessment to unlock the relationship between fitness and hormones.
Blood Spot Card (1 Sheet)
Extradiol (E2), Progesterone (Pg), Testosterone (T), DHEA-S (DS), Cortisol (C), Sex Hormone Binding globulin (SHBG), Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Vitamin D (D2, D3), Triglycerides (TG), Cholesterol (CH), LDL Cholesterol (LDL), HDL Cholesterol (HDL), VLDL Cholesterol.
Dried Blood Spot
The report suggests how to improve the situations.
Combine with healthcare professional’s consultation, you can achieve the optimal health in a simple way!
You will be receiving the followings within 2-3 weeks：
The Testing Process
1. Can I take the test if I am taking hormones?
Yes. You can take the test if you are taking hormones. You can take hormones normally and do the test do not stop taking hormones.
Hormone Type Sample Collection Guidelines:
Pills, Gels, Creams, Sprays (oral, topical*, vaginal): 12-24 hours AFTER last dose - do not apply to face or nect
Sublinguals and Troches (dissolve under tongue): 36 hours after last dosage
Patches: 1-2 days after applying patch
Injections/Pellets: Midpoint between injection/pellet inserts
2. Can I do the test if I am not feeling well?
No, you need to wait until you get well.
3. What is the different between Elite Metrics Profile and Fitness Metrics Profile?
Elite Metrics Profile are for those who is already in high level training, who feel like they are hitting a wall or always having persistent injuries.
Fitness Metrics Profile are for those who just start a fitness program.
Search for the latest News of HK BioTek