1. Support digestive system & Soothe intestinal discomfort
Aging as well as many of our modern lifestyle factors like stress, improper diet and overuse of antibiotics can upset the delicate balance of intestinal bacteria and adversely affect our health. Health-V Probiotics restore the healthy dominance of ‘good bacteria’ in our gut by re-establishing the beneficial microflora. They are helpful in stimulating digestion and nutrient uptake, and also proven to treat common gastrointestinal discomfort like diarrhea and stomach upset.
Results obtained in trials assessing the effect of Lactobacilli/ Bifidobacteria against gastroenteritis, rotavirus diarrhea and traveler’s diarrhea:
- Six DPPC trails have demonstrated significant reduction in duration of gastroenteritis in infants through the use of Lactobacilli / Bifidobacteria
- Five trails have shown significant reduction in the duration of infant diarrhea
- Two trials have shown that Lactobacilli / Bifidobacteria significantly reduced the risk of developing rotavirus diarrhea in infants
- In the control group, 31-34% of the infants developed diarrhea against only 6.7-7.0% of those infants receiving Lactobacilli/ Bifidobacteria
2. Boost immunity & improve food allergies
Our intestinal tract is indeed the most prominent portion of our entire immune system. Probiotics are the keys to maintain good gut health to lower the incident of developing food allergies. Health-V Probiotics prime the correct immune response and build a stronger immunity to fight against infection and inflammation by keeping our gut healthy.
In neonates with atopic parents, and hence at high risk of developing allergy, the administration of 10 billion Lactobacilli per day resulted in a 50% reduction in the incidence of allergy at six months of age. In another DBPC (double blind, placebo controlled) study, children up to 13 years of age with non-specific atopic dermatitis, showed a 56% improvement of symptoms when administered daily with 40 billion Lactobacillus spp. for 20 weeks compared to only 15% improvement seen in controls. This trial demonstrates that probiotics have a beneficial effect in individuals already suffering from allergies rather than simply being preventative in action.
3. Prevent chronic diseases
Intestinal microflora imbalance could be hazardous to our health and cause commonly seen symptoms like constipation, diarrhea, bad breath and abdominal distention. Our immune system can be affected if we leave these signals untreated, and more serious diseases can be resulted. Supplementation of Probiotics helps restoring intestional microflora balance and prevent chronic diseases. Several studies show significant reduction of serum cholesterol and blood pressure levels after taking Probiotics.
Health-V Probiotics reduce the absorption of dietary cholesterol, thus contributing to personal wellness and prevention of chronic diseases.