What is Cortisol?
Cortisol is our 'stress hormone' produced in the adrenal cortex. It plays important roles in metabolizing major nutrients as well as regulating blood pressure and immune response. More importantly, cortisol helps us deal with stress.
Cortisol Secretion Pattern
We follow a regular pattern of cortisol secretion, while any disrupt in its regularity would lead to body issues.
Find out if your pattern is normal
Is stress the cause for your health issues?
Why using saliva for testing?
Collect cortisol sample by using saliva in different time point could effectively reveal the actual situations.
HK BioTek Technology Competence
• Sample will be sent to DST in Germany for analysis
• DST is certified by the TÜV Rheinland according to EN ISO 13485 for the highest quality.
• According to the ‘Directive of the German Medical Assurance of Tests in Laboratory Medicine’, DST Diagnostic has implemented internal controls to verify the test methods and has participated regularly in ring trials for the validity of its analyses.
The report is not only revealing the problem in toxic accumulation, it also suggests an all rounded supplementation programme. Combine with healthcare professional’s consultation, you can achieve the optimal health in a simple way!
You will be receiving the followings within 2-3 weeks：
The Testing Process
1. What is cortisol?
Cortisol is a steroid secreted in the adrenal gland. It is called a “stress hormone” because it is released in stress. Normally, cortisol is secreted according to a regular pattern throughout the day. Any disruptions in the pattern can cause body dysfunction.
2. Why use saliva as sample for the test?
According to many recent researches, free cortisol is present in saliva, but not in serum or urine. Also, salivary cortisol is stable for 7 days. Sample can also be collected under a stress-less condition, thus not affecting the result of the test.
3. How much saliva is needed for the test?
Seven samples of saliva are required for the test and each requires 2-3ml. They are collected at different time throughout the day to trace the secretion pattern for the day.
Search for the latest News of HK BioTek