Find out if you are affected
28％ of cases of Infertility are unexplained!
In the absence of a physical cause,
many cases of female infertility may be due to something as simple as hormonal imbalance,
which can be detected by hormone testing.
Hormonal Change in Menstrual Cycle
The secretion of hormones differs in different stages of the menstrual cycle, which would affect the chance of ovulation and fertilization. It also affects the length and volume of a cycle. Therefore, by testing the secretion pattern of hormones, the reason for infertility and irregular cycle could be found.
Hormonal Causes of Infertility
Low Progesterone/ Luteal Phase Defect
belly fat, increased appetite, sugar cravings, impaired thyroid and metabolism
Low level of thyroid hormone may stop ovulation, leads to absent or irregular cycles. Autoimmune thyroid issues can increase the risk of miscarriage.
It affects 6-15% of women. Once PCOS is recognized, many women are able to become pregnant and lose weight more effectively
Low Egg Reserve
It could be caused by premature ovarian failure.
High cortisol level that brought by stress can inhibit ovulation, while low cortisol hinder the immune changes necessary for implantation. Stress could also lead to endometriosis, which is found in more than 50% of women with unexplained infertility.
Which groups are suitable for the test?
If you have hormonal symptoms; have been trying to conceive for 6+ months; are in your mid 30s or older; know infertility runs in the family; want to assess your fertility status
HK BioTek Technology Competence
• Sample will be sent to ZRT Laboratory in the United States for analysis, which is the only specialty hormone laboratory to have qualified for the CDC’s Hormone Standardization Program (HoSt).
• All hormone test are analysed with reference ranges for individual patient ages, menstrual status, and hormone supplementation.
• ZRT is the only laboratory to perform an extraction process for saliva testing, which separates hormones from background contamination. This ensures accurate test results for low-concentration hormones
Saliva and blood testing by finger-prick are used for a comprehensive assessment to unlock the relationship between weight issue and hormones.
Dried Blood Spot
Estradiol (E2), Progesterone (Pg), Testosterone (T), SHBG, DHEAS, LH, FSH, FreeT4 (fT4), Free T3 (fT3), TSH and TPOab
Dried Blood Spot
The report suggests how to improve the situations.
Combine with healthcare professional’s consultation, you can achieve the optimal health in a simple way!
You will be receiving the report within 2-3 weeks:
The Testing Process
1. What is fertility?
Fertility is the natural capability to produce offspring. It depends on numerus factors including nutrition, sexual behavior, consanguinity, culture, instinct, endocrinology, timing, way of life and emotions.
2. What is Fertility Profile?
Fertility Profile provides a thorough evaluation that identifies are boarder array of 12 tests that help assess imbalances or conditions that affect whether a woman can get and stay pregnant. This is an assessment of ovarian reserve as well as screening for multiple common reasons for infertility, including anovulation, PCOS, hypothyroidism, premature ovarian failure or ovarian insufficiency.
3. Who benefits from this test?
Women who have irregular cycles or fertility issues, who have been trying to get pregnant without success, or who would like to be proactive in their preconception planning by getting a baseline screening.
If you are:
- Under the age of 35 and have tried for 1 year to become pregnant
- Over the age of 35 and have tried for 6 months to become pregnant
- Have had more than 1 miscarriage
- Have symptoms or infertility
Search for the latest News of HK BioTek